Suspicious Email Reporter and Analysis Tool
Suspicious Email Reporter and Analysis Tool
Does your employees aware what to do when they get a suspicious email? Are they heading to the helpdesk or IT specialist? Or do they directly delete this email? The Sinara Outlook Add-in provides an easy and reliable solution to this situation.
How do SOC (1) teams remove successful phishing attacks from the email boxes or reduce the risk? How can you prevent people for being victimized by a ransomware that is in standing in users’ email?
Here is a talent that will enable you to get all these actions with one click. With Sinara Labs. phishing reporter, users can notify suspicious e-mails immediately and directly to the system administrator, SOC or CSIRT (2) team! With Sinara Phishing reporter plugin, phishing e-mails are quickly reported. It should not be forgotten that if the suspicious e-mail is not deleted and reported, a possible early warning indicator will be discarded.
 SOC is the center of information security operation created with people, processes and technologies that are in situ awareness to detect, limit and improve IT threats. The SOC manages information security events and identifies and analyzes them correctly. The SOC monitors applications for the purpose of identifying a possible cyber attack and determines whether it is a real, malicious threat. http://bit.ly/2qsaIkC
 A CSIRT is a concrete organizational entity (consisting of one or more people) that is responsible for providing a portion of event management capability for a particular organization. When a CSIRT is found in an institution, it is often the key to coordinating and supporting the event response. By definition, a CSIRT is involved in the fight against minimum incidents
[Killcrece 2002]. It is also obliged to analyze the events observed by the end users or proactive network and system monitoring and to solve the problems arising therefrom. The CSIRT carries out the following important tasks:
- To determine the effect, scope and nature of the event,
- To understand the technical cause of the event,
- To identify other incidents or potential threats arising from events,
- Investigate and recommend solutions and workarounds,
- To support the implementation of the coordination and support strategy with other departments in the institution,
- To disseminate information about current risks, threats, strategies against attack through warnings, recommendations, Web pages and other technical publications,
- Coordinate and collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, ISSs, other security groups. http://bit.ly/2qi7CmM Today, in many institutions, SOC and CSIRT are undertaking the same task.
What is Sinara’s Phishing Reporter Plugin?
It is a button on Microsoft Outlook’s menu bar that allows the user to turn it into action when they receive a suspicious mail. This provides SOC teams the ability to detect attacks early, mitigate impact, and block user-based attacks against malicious e-mail.
Benefits of Sinara’s Phishing Reporter Plugins
Direct benefit to email user;
- Employees report aggressive attacks with a single click.
- Early “Phishing” warnings are taken from users and a “sensor” network is created.
- The user is notified of this correct action when the user clicks the “Report Phishing” (3) button in a simulated Phishing security test.
- It allows the user to send a suspicious e-mail to analysis services and get a risk score.
- Institution’s security culture strengthens.
- Employees receive immediate feedback that enhances their training.
Benefits to the security operation center (SOC)
- Unwanted e-mails can be deleted from the user’s e-mail box with information received from the command center.
- It reports which e-mail message is in an e-mail box of users.
- If the existing security measures are inadequate for analysis, detection and prevention, it gives the occasion to benefit from Sinara’s analysis service.
- It provides more effective security measures with integration with third party systems (siem, firewall etc.)
 It is a way of proactively involving users to protect institution’s security, where suspicious e-mails are reported by employees. In this way, a culture of awareness constantly evolves against phishing attacks. . This service also provides an easy way for end users to report to their IT department and statistical follow up.
Easy Reporting Option
It ensures to the notifications to be transferred difeerent platforms and reporting possibility
- Sinara Labs. Siber Güvenlik Farkındalık Platformunda bilinçli davranışından ötürü, kullanıcı karnesine artı bir not düşebilir.
- It can convert to automatic call in help desk
- It can register for central register server
- It may make a positive note to the user due to his/her conscious behavior in the Sinara Labs Security Awareness Platform,
Using The Phishing Reporter Plug-in
Once you have logged in to the Sinara Labs management interface, the Outlook Add-in menu helps you prepare custom plugins.
Installation Documents for Administrators
It is very easy to spread the Sinara plug-in with the central installation tools in corporate networks.
For installation instructions and sample installation videos, you can follow phishing reporter link.
1. The user clicks on the “Phishing Reporting” button to report the suspicious e-mail, and asks if he wishes to delete the original e-mail.
2. The user is informed of this conscious behavior.